Due to the high volume of ticket requests (5-0, baby!) and an increasing concern coming from students regarding football ticket claims, Student Government has worked with Big Orange Tix to re-evaluate how the system will allot tickets to students for the upcoming Alabama football game. We will pilot a new process for assigning student tickets that will better address student concerns we have seen up to this point in the season. Here are the changes:
- Nothing will change with the current process of requesting tickets. The request period will run from 7:30 A.M, 10/5 until 11:59 PM, 10/6. Group ticketing will remain the same, and as always, requesting a ticket will NOT guarantee a ticket for the game. This is purely a request to purchase a ticket in one of the claim periods. Requesting a ticket at 7:30am on the first day does not guarantee a ticket any more than 11:59pm on the last day of the request period.
The manner in which football tickets are allocated in Claim Periods 1 & 2 will reverse.
- Starting with Alabama, the system will allot Claim 1 tickets strictly based on loyalty point order.
- A little less than 7000 tickets will be used for Claim 1.
- Awarding tickets in loyalty point order means that seating will also be awarded in order of loyalty points. This theoretically means that the more loyalty points students have, the better seat they will receive. Please keep in mind, group seating can affect where your seat is assigned. Your group’s loyalty point total is the average for the entire group, therefore you will be seated according to your group average.
- This season, students have already had the opportunity to earn up to 10 loyalty points, including early entry loyalty point bonuses, to this point (the Florida game was only worth 1 point). Whether a first year student or fifth year senior, everyone has had an opportunity to attend two games this season, regardless of loyalty points earned in previous seasons.
- Due to the unknown number of groups and amount of requests for the game, we do not know what the cutoff point will be with regards to loyalty points for being chosen in Claim 1.
- The length of the first Claim Period will not change; it will run from 7:30am on 10/7 to 4:00pm on 10/10.
- This is now a weighted lottery for all students not chosen in Claim 1, based on loyalty points (as Claim 1 has been up to this point). This means loyalty points earn a student a higher probability of selection but not a guarantee. Students with little to no loyalty points are still eligible for a ticket; the weighted lottery puts students with more points in the drawing more times.
- Big Orange Tix will set aside 4000 tickets for allocation in Claim 2 in addition to the unpurchased tickets from Claim 1. Please realize that setting aside these tickets will result in a larger number of students not selected until Claim 2 than seen in previous games.
- Due to the increased allotment, Claim 2 to will now extend to 4:00pm on 10/12 (a day more than what was in the original schedule).
- As always, if tickets still remain after both Claim periods, students may purchase them on a first come, first serve basis. However, this period will now begin, Thursday, 10/13 at 9 AM.
Group Ticketing: The process and the likelihood of earning a ticket as part of a group remains the same. Loyalty points are averaged among all members of the group, and the system will use this average during the selection process.
We hope these changes will alleviate some of the concerns students have faced up to this point in the football season, and we will make adjustments as needed for the future.
-Your Student Government Association
Big Orange Tix is THE PLACE for UT students to get tickets for football and basketball games.
We have a BIG announcement for the upcoming season…
Please be aware, pickupmytix.utk.edu DOES NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH RESERVING A TICKET TO AWAY GAMES. You must request and purchase tickets as you always have through the Ticket Return login. The pickupmytix portal assumes you have a ticket already. Additionally, if you are picking up your own ticket, it is not necessary to designate yourself.
For those that have purchased away game tickets in the past, you know that we have allowed a student to pick up on behalf of another student. This is to allow students to sit together without asking them to skip class to do so. In the past, we have used email to do this, however, this would not be feasible for the number of tickets that we have for Battle at Bristol. That said, over the off season, we worked with OIT to develop a very simple portal to allow those with a net id and password to designate someone to pick up their ticket for future away games. The site, pickupmytix.utk.edu, is now available! Here is how it works for Battle at Bristol (and all future away games):
1) Go to pickupmytix.utk.edu anytime between August 8th – August 30th.
2) Enter your netid and password
3) Select the event from the drop down menu (in this case, the Battle at Bristol)
4) Enter the net id of the person you wish to designate to pick up your ticket and hit submit (obviously only one person can be designated to pick up your ticket). Again, if you are picking up your own ticket, you do not have to designate yourself.
5) The system will ask you to confirm that the net id you entered matches the person you want to pick up the ticket
6) Once you confirm, you will receive an email stating that you selected (pickup person) to pick up your ticket. The person picking up the ticket will also receive an email stating that they were designated to pick up (person that selected them)’s ticket.
7) Once you get a confirmation message, you can see under the “Active Ticket Pick Up Designees” who is picking up the ticket. This is where students can also revoke the pickup…just in case you decide you either want someone else to pick it up or if you want to pick it up yourself. If ticket pickups are revoked, an email goes to both parties stating so. Please note…revoking the pickup does NOT revoke the ticket.
8) Give your voucher to whoever is picking up the ticket! This is very important!! They will still need to present your voucher, however, they do not need to present your ID!!!! If you are picking up tickets, you MUST have your ID and all vouchers for the tickets you are picking up for. Again…VERY important. If you are still enrolled at UT and did not print your voucher at the time of purchase, you will have to wait until August 24th to access the system and print your voucher. As stated in the Spring, any (former) student should have already printed their voucher as they will not have access to Big Orange Tix any longer. They will be able to access the pickupmytix.utk.edu portal though.
Please be aware that you will not be able to login to the system until all of your fees are paid. Our system is tied to the Bursar's Office registry which means your BigOrangeTix account will only be active after paying all your student fees.
Graduate or part time students are required to have paid the full programs and services fee required for athletic access in order to be eligible for student tickets.
To login, click on the "Sign In" button above!
Each student may only have one student ticket in his or her account for a given game.
IMPORTANT: We have experienced some issues with ticket purchases timing out on Google Chrome and Safari. Please use Internet Explorer to purchase your tickets. Thank you!
You’ve already signed up for your tickets to the game, now sign-up to get rewarded just for going! CLICK HERE to earn points for Tennessee gear by registering for the FREE Student Rewards Program.